Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Pimco Renames Some Equity Funds In Push To Juice Expansion

FYI: Pacific Investment Management Co., the firm best known for bonds that's been seeking to expand its stock offerings, will rename some of its equity funds as it plans to open new products with Robert Arnott's Research Affiliates.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20150326/FREE/150329931?template=printart

Comments

• "Pimco is renaming 14 stock funds that it calls “smart beta” strategies..."

Because that will help. Uh huh.
  • Robert Arnott often touted as one of the smartest manager in the business. Why are his Pimco funds, All Asset and All Asset All Authority, are so uninspiring! Let's hope they can use his talent better.
  • The names have changed to protect the innocent!!
  • Sven said:

Robert Arnott often touted as one of the smartest manager in the business. Why are his Pimco funds, All Asset and All Asset All Authority, are so uninspiring! Let's hope they can use his talent better.

Arnott's two key funds are not exactly aiming for home runs - I want to say isn't All Asset All Authority's goal for a total return of something like CPI + 6.5%?

That said, I think he turned sour on the economy, ultimately too early.
  • @Scott, I agree. I listen to his interviews and all. He knows his stuff and couldn't translate them into results for his investors. Think he got too much of Bill Gross.