Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Hi @Ted

Thinking about your reference above and the bio area......

Some days, when I wonder or am a bit more concerned than normal, about a particular investment; I transition the words of this song to fit our investing markets.
    One may make the words fit.......the pieces of one's investments and the markets in general.

A wonderful version of this song and with the "Boys", too.

An "investors song".

Click the play button arrow a second time for play, if play doesn't begin.

Take care,
    Catch
  • edited March 2015
    Look at CELG for example. Closed yesterday at $116 and change. Pre-market down to $115ish. Opens at 8:30 and falls to $114. 8 minutes later over $117 on no news. 15 or so minutes in, $119. $5 move in minutes for a nearly hundred billion dollar company.
  • edited March 2015
    Hi @scott

SBIO actually finished up .21; but moved around a lot through the day not unlike other larger bio and pharma. Appears the established bio/pharma will be down a tenth or two when afterhours is finished.
    But, much more calm than the past two days.

A very large amount of money moving around looking for a happy home, if only for the day, eh?
  • @scott,

Nice find on the video, never saw that version. Thanks for posting.
  • I bought a small position in SBIO on the dip this morning and was happy by the end of the day. This eft is all over the place. In the last 3 months compared to the price it started at it's been everywhere from down 3% to up roughly 31%. In the last week it's lost 15%. If you're an adrenaline junky this is a great fund but otherwise you'd have to stick it in some deep dark corner of your portfolio where you wake up 10 years later and hope its a nice surprise. I'm pretty sure it'll be a surprise one way or the other, I'm just not totally sure which way it'll be.