Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Four Wasatch Funds closed to third party intermediaries only (i.e. Emerging Markets Small Cap Fund)

edited March 2015 in Fund Discussions
Emerging Markets Small Cap Fund is open to direct purchases to new investors through Wasatch only.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/806633/000119312515103112/d896282d497.htm
497 1 d896282d497.htm WASATCH FUNDS TRUST
WASATCH FUNDS TRUST

Supplement dated March 24, 2015 to the

Statement of Additional Information dated January 31, 2015

Investor Class

Wasatch Core Growth Fund® — Investor Class (WGROX)
Wasatch Emerging India Fund® — Investor Class (WAINX)
Wasatch Emerging Markets Select Fund® — Investor Class (WAESX)
Wasatch Emerging Markets Small Cap Fund® — Investor Class (WAEMX)
Wasatch Frontier Emerging Small Countries Fund® — Investor Class (WAFMX)
Wasatch Global Opportunities Fund® — Investor Class (WAGOX)
Wasatch Heritage Growth Fund® — Investor Class (WAHGX)
Wasatch International Growth Fund® — Investor Class (WAIGX)
Wasatch International Opportunities Fund® — Investor Class (WAIOX)
Wasatch Large Cap Value Fund® — Investor Class (FMIEX)
Wasatch Long/Short Fund® — Investor Class (FMLSX)
Wasatch Micro Cap Fund® — Investor Class (WMICX)
Wasatch Micro Cap Value Fund® — Investor Class (WAMVX)
Wasatch Small Cap Growth Fund® — Investor Class (WAAEX)
Wasatch Small Cap Value Fund® — Investor Class (WMCVX)
Wasatch Strategic Income Fund® — Investor Class (WASIX)
Wasatch Ultra Growth Fund® — Investor Class (WAMCX)
Wasatch World Innovators Fund® — Investor Class (WAGTX)
Wasatch–1st Source Income Fund® — Investor Class (FMEQX)
Wasatch-Hoisington U.S. Treasury Fund® — Investor Class (WHOSX)

This Supplement updates certain information contained in the Wasatch Funds Statement of Additional Information for Investor Class shares, dated January 31, 2015. You should retain this Supplement and the Statement of Additional Information for future reference. Additional copies of the Statement of Additional Information may be obtained free of charge by visiting our web site at www.WasatchFunds.com or calling us at 800.551.1700.

The last paragraph in the section entitled “General Information and History” in the SAI is hereby deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:

The Emerging Markets Small Cap Fund, Frontier Emerging Small Countries Fund, International Growth Fund and Small Cap Growth Fund are each closed to new investors with the exception of: (1) investors who purchase shares directly from Wasatch Funds; (2) clients of all investment advisors with discretionary investment allocation programs where such advisors and programs had investments in the Fund prior to the Fund’s closing date; and (3) retirement plans and their participants where such plans had investments in the Fund prior to the Fund’s closing date.

PLEASE RETAIN THIS SUPPLEMENT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

Wasatch's web site: https://secure.wasatchfunds.com/Our-Funds.aspx

Comments

• I own WAEMX in a retirement acct.@ Schwab. When trying to purchase additional shares this A M ,got this message.
    This order cannot be placed. Please read the Order Verification message(s) below for assistance.
    Order Messages
    We cannot process your order because shares for this fund are only available to institutional customers.
  • TSP, I'd contact Schwab and ask them what's going on. The restriction seems only to apply to new investors so I wouldn't expect and it's not my experience with WAFMX that I'm restricted at E*Trade. I have experienced a similar problem before at E*TRADE and it turned out something had just screwed up the system setting and they fixed it right away. Without any better ideas, that's what I'd guess happened for you as well.
  • TSP, because of your post I tried the same with WAFMX at Schwab just now, going as far as the "Review Order" step, and at least at that step everything was OK for the purchase.