Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Something to consider

edited March 2015 in Off-Topic
I just ran across this and it caused me to reflect on the daily rat race, office politics and other annoyances. Life is precious and I often forget to enjoy the little things. We all work for financial independence, but then what? I hope you enjoy this as I did.

http://www.bravenewlife.com/10/on-becoming-a-millionaire/

Comments

• #1 Secret to a successful (financial) retirement..."cut your Expenses,PAYMENTS and most Bills, to $0 or as close to $0 as you can get"
    Then you will have all the TIME and Income that you will need to do what you Want....Priceless
  • Some trade-offs are worth the satisfaction it brings. Wifey's side of the family are in another country where there is no future for you unless you can find a way OUT. We don't have much ourselves, because, with all of its advantages, it is expensive to live in The States. So we enjoy helping the nieces and nephews, anyhow, with school expenses. (But if they get pregnant, they're cut off!) It keeps us from saving more money. But they won't be in school forever--- unlike myself, grin. I'd have loved to stay in school and chase even more degrees. But a PhD? I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.;)