Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Warren Buffett's Diet

edited February 2015 in Off-Topic
http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffetts-diet-2015-2

"If I eat 2700 calories a day, a quarter of that is Coca-Cola," the 84-year-old said. "I drink at least five 12-ounce servings. I do it everyday. His morning meal might also include Utz potato sticks or a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream."

WTF. I'm less than half of Warren Buffett's age and if I ate ice cream for breakfast and had a quarter of my caloric intake as Coca-Cola, I'd probably A) feel like ****, and quick B) have health problems and C) be 25% heaver, if not worse.

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I'd kill for 2700 calories a day. Closer to 2100 most days. Holding just a few pounds above my high school weight. Yep, when you knock out the sugar loaded treats and a glass or two of wine with dinner, it's scary how little is left over for the nutritional stuff. So, kinda agree with Buffet.

His comment sounds like he's drinking the real stuff - not diet Coke. Helps explain his high energy level. But the sugar cops and sugar-tax collectors may soon be in hot pursuit.
  • edited February 2015
    hank said:

I'd kill for 2700 calories a day. Closer to 2100 most days. Holding just a few pounds above my high school weight. Yep, when you knock out the sugar loaded treats and a glass or two of wine with dinner, it's scary how little is left over for the nutritional stuff. So, kinda agree with Buffet.

His comment sounds like he's drinking the real stuff - not diet Coke. Helps explain his high energy level. But the sugar cops and sugar-tax collectors may soon be in hot pursuit.

He's always been a drinker of the real (especially Cherry Coke, apparently) stuff (I've been a drinker of Diet Coke for years and now I couldn't even drink a can of the real stuff - too aggressively sweet and I try not to have too much sugar - if I get a chocolate bar, it's 85% or higher.) The purchase of Dairy Queen also likely falls within his preferred diet.

Again, I'm less than half his age and could never eat like that, not because I wouldn't WANT to, but because I'm too concerned about the potential health consequences.
  • He's a Simple man, lives in a simple house, won't buy a car, wears the same suit for years, Drinks Coke, eats hamburger (not steak or lobster) ice Cream, a food junkie...
    He learned a very valuable SKILL as a young man, "How to read and analyze company financials(he had the best investment teacher ) and how to negotiate an investment PRICE and TERMS that put him into a no-lose situation", and of course he had plenty of investors to give him the money to become successful......and in turn they became richer than they already were ( Obama would have hated that)
  • It was reported in the past that Hugh Hefner drank somewhere between 12-24 bottles of Pepsi per day back when they were sold in 16-oz bottles. Ah, the good old days.

Tough choice between these two diets.
  • @scott: At 84 do you really think he cares about what his calorie intake is per day. He will be dead long before any negative effects will take place. Must be a slow news day !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.