Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Euroland has a bandage; IG bonds had their 2 day run, throw the rest at 'ur fav. equity sector, eh?

edited February 2015 in The Bullpen
Most here are not suprised about the extended period of low interest rates. Suspect a lot of money is moving around to discover the unloved/or value sectors. I don't know that there are many remaining; so perhaps the best wording is the sectors will the least gains over the past year. 'Course, ya got to have a good reason; as perhaps the underperformers are just that for a good reason, with more value to arrive at some future date. Can you say, "Bark, bark"?

---Yesterday, Feb. 24, after Ms. Yellen's statements; the bond world had a good time. As to equity, at the U.S. area, healthcare took a very small dip and real estate got the big whack (about -2%). I'm sure there are other sectors with rotations too, but I have not had time to check today. Real estate has flipped paths today at +1%. High yield bonds are up again today (+.25%) and could be worthy; unless one has an equity holding(s) with better performance, or one has cash looking for another sector. And, IG bonds may hold there own for a few more months or years...............

So, if you're going to throw more money to the equity world; where might your money travel?

We've continued to add to healthcare, PRHSX, FSPHX and FHLC; and to HEDJ for Euroland. Most of the remaining equity is in ITOT types (broad U.S.) having about 80% lg.cap/20% mid-sm cap.

One tries to consider why equity will not continue upward with all of the cheap and hot money moving here and there.

Regards,
Catch