Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Morningstar Portfolio Manager ... Log in Question.

edited February 2015 in Fund Discussions
Hi all,

Is anybody else having log in problems with Morningstar Portfolio Manager? I remember recently someone posted that they had lost their whole portfolio only for it to be found a few days later by Morningstar.

Seems ... mine now might be in the vapor state too.

Glad I took Ted's suggestion and inputed mine into Yahoo Finance. It updates more quickly each evening; however, it does not have all the bells and whistles that Morningstar Portfolio Manager features.

Old_Skeet

Comments

• Service Error this morning...probably posting figures?, but I do a Weekly portfolio review ever Saturday morning...and figures seem to be in order then, prob. be back in time...
  • Hi Tampabay,

My log in worked fine yesterday. Today, it just grinds away in trying to log in.

Perhaps ... Morningstar has been hacked?

Old_Skeet
  • @Old_Skeet: M* new policy is that they will only track six or less funds in their portfolio manager beginning today. Just kidding !!! Have a nice day.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Hi Ted,

Ever wonder how I got fifty two funds to fit into the max of fifty entry spaces in the basic Xray analysis tool?

So it would not surprise me if they don't cut the number of funds allowed in their basic Portfolio Manager system.

Again, I am glad you suggested Yahoo Finance as I now maintain my portfolio there to as my back up plus I have my broker too but they don't know of everything (or at least the details) that I have.

Old_Skeet

• edited February 2015
    I finally was able to get in ...

They must have been doing some updates?

However, I am still experiencing issues with moving from portfolio to portfolio and from diferent views. Needless to say it is not working to my expectations.

Old_Skeet
  • Last night it wasn't working for me, either. Later on, it was fine. I use Yahoo, too. But I'd have to add up the totals myself. The M* tool is tardy and inaccurate beyond simple arithmetic items, but the Portf. Manager remains pretty useful.
  • Hi Crash,

Somehow I missed your post until now. In Yahoo if you will input the numer of shares owned along with the needed purchase details then you can click on the performance tab and it will do the math for you.

Old_Skeet