Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

13fs: What Top Investors are Buying/Selling

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102432592#.

A number of investors lessened their stakes in Apple before the move higher this year. Article provides a decent selection of highlights on moves in a number of other stocks.

Comments

• I wonder how many funds have had to pare back a little as AAPL reached their limits as per the prospectuses. Some funds have a percentage limit on any one stock.
  • edited February 2015

I wonder how many funds have had to pare back a little as AAPL reached their limits as per the prospectuses. Some funds have a percentage limit on any one stock.

I own a little of it. I've thought about selling recently, but it's a small position and I could just as easily just leave it be and collect dividends and see what it does. I honestly don't have any other ideas in tech at the moment. I have just as much interest in owning MSFT as I did during the Ballmer years (read: none.)

Could I sell and add to something like Gilead (GILD), which just announced their first dividend? Yeah, but I already have so much in health care.

What Apple has done is remarkable and thankfully there are more hints about what they may do in the future, as I don't love the fact that 70% of revenue is currently the iPhone.
  • edited February 2015
    The iPhone is the current hot object. They do a decent business with computers and pads. It's just that those are overwhelmed by the iPhone success which is phenomenal.

From what I have read, Apple has several projects in the works. The Car is the topic de jour right now and is hogging the headlines.

I may have a similar problem as I usually keep one stock to 5% of my portfolio. AAPL is closing in on 10%. I should sweep profits but these up days are making me stay pat.
  • Nice summary.