Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

In the Future, Portfolio Management Will Be Free

FYI: I think the biggest change in personal investing over the next 10 years will be that passive portfolio management (rebalancing a portfolio of index funds or ETFs and tax-loss harvesting when holdings are in taxable accounts) will no longer be a service for which people expect to pay money. That is, portfolio management will, in most cases, be free.
Regards,
Ted
http://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2015/02/11/in-the-future-portfolio-management-will-be-free/tab/print/

Comments

• $198.00 yr. on Morningstar, will give you a portfolio analysis (xray) in seconds, every day of the year.....that's 50 cents a day...almost free to know where your at, for Self management vs the market as a whole...if that's what you wish...today
  • @Tampabay, M* portfolio x-Ray is FREE at T. Rowe Price under Tools. Site registration is required for your own portfolio, and it is free. That is $198 saving a year.

• Used to buy some TR, but moved to Vanguard to handle all purchases/sales...
    Just tried old username/password at TRP, it worked. Might enter my portfolio?, but hate to have every Fund Co. with my information (sure that's why its free) Morningstar paid for this year, I get my monies worth in information, record keeping.....maybe later...