Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Dex February 2015
  • scott February 2015
  • Ted February 2015
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Art Cashin: "Interest rates Are Behaving"

Comments

• Why Ted, Why?
  • edited February 2015
    Dex said:

Why Ted, Why?

Why not? Or why get so upset? LOL, it's someone who's been on the floor for 150 years, I think he may know a couple of things he picked up during the eons he's spent at the NYSE. The only issue is that CNBC doesn't actually let him talk beyond "sound bites". Not his fault.

Welcome to the modern day of sound bites and "tweets". Einstein could live today and if he tried to explain tremendous theories to the masses via social media, his PR person would go, "no no, Albert, you have to keep your genius under 140 characters." He'd ask why and then be informed that the modern day population has an attention span of under 140 seconds.

When Cashin has occasionally interviewed elsewhere (King World News a couple of times, at least), he's been highly informative. CNBC is, well, CNBC.
  • @Dex: All I can say is that if you don't like Art's daily sound bites, don't watch.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • All I can say is you don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.