Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• The deal involving Pfizer and Hospira is a huge one. Hospira used to be Abbott's hospital division manufacturing IV solutions and rubbings, injectables, and a whole lot more including medical devices. There are only a handful of companies that manufacture IV solutions and equipment.
  • Pfizer. What a dog. I inherited a pile of Monsanto, which became Pharmacia, which became Pfizer. All I saw---though there were dividends--- was a share price which liked to fall, very often, a lot of the time. So guess what I did? I cashed it out and put the money in MUTUAL FUNDS. And I started making money, investing.:)
  • Chalk up another good day for February!
  • Crash said:

Pfizer. What a dog. I inherited a pile of Monsanto, which became Pharmacia, which became Pfizer. All I saw---though there were dividends--- was a share price which liked to fall, very often, a lot of the time. So guess what I did? I cashed it out and put the money in MUTUAL FUNDS. And I started making money, investing.:)

I had no idea Pfizer was a Monsanto spin-off.

• It was not. As I recall, Pfizer acquired Pharmacia. Pharmacia was a mix of companies that included Searle. Searle was a subsidiary of Monsanto. Pfizer and Monsanto were never together.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
  • @MFO Members: Have held PFE since 2006 that I purchaed @24 and some change. I'm up about 45% + dividend, and will continue to hold, I've had worse investments.
    Regards,
    Ted

Pfizer Bio:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfizer