Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jawboning From One Who Walks the Walk

Buffett also believes the U.S. Federal Reserve will find it difficult to raise interest rates this year.

"I think it's going to be very tough to raise rates when you've got what's going on around the world," he said.

The Fed is now weighing what would be its first interest rate increase since 2006, but low U.S. inflation and sluggish growth around the world could constrain the central bank from changing policy.

Yields on U.S. Treasuries remain low by historical standards, with the 10-year Treasury note yielding 1.75 percent on Wednesday and the 30-year Treasury bond yielding 2.346 percent.

Despite expectations that yields would rise last year, they in fact dipped further - and have continued their slide this year.

Buffett said the "last asset" he would want to buy is a 30-year government bond.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/buffett-tells-fox-business-wants-213741106.html;_ylt=AwrBEiR95NJUoGYARJ3QtDMD

We'll Get Another View of Long Dated Bonds Here
DoubleLine Long Duration Total Return Live Webcast

hosted by Jeffrey Gundlach

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 1:15 pm PT / 4:15 pm ET
https://event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1053614

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I am with the Buffett camp on holding Treasuries ... I think, he also went on the say, something to the effect, he was not interested in a 10 year much less a 10 day.

Recently, I have reduced my target allocation to fixed income form 25% to 20% within my own portfolio. Seems many of my hybrid funds have been reducting their allocation to fixed income and with this I have recently followed suit.

Old_Skeet
  • I didn't think Buffett was interested in ANY bonds.....Oh his Wife after he dies and can no longer buy HIS equities....maybe he's making his plans?...see if he has a plot yet?