Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• TedTed
    edited January 2015
    @MFO Members: Barron's slant on new Commodity Fund.
    Regards,
    Ted
    Ignore message
  • The Flexible Income fund came out in April of last year. Are we talking about another fund?
  • Apparently so. From the prospectus (TheShadow's link, above):
    This Prospectus tells you about the Class I and Class N shares of the DoubleLine Strategic Commodity Fund (the “Fund”), a series of DoubleLine Funds Trust (the “Trust”).
  • edited January 2015
    Hmmm, looking at the past decade's real returns, commodities appear to have been "somewhat of an outlier.":) (h/t to Joshua Brown for posting this figure, cranked out by Research Affiliates’ Chris Brightman, on The Reformed Broker blog site yesterday as his Chart O' The Day)
  • I will say this: a rare example of a mutual fund company actually putting out a new product for an asset class that isn't doing well rather than piling on and putting out a new product because it's doing well and a hundred other companies are putting out a new product for that asset class. Good or bad? I dunno, just saying it usually seems like fund companies are adding new funds for asset classes only when they're doing well and everyone else is putting out new funds.
  • Yes, I noticed that also. Positioning the fund for the long haul, maybe?