Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

T. Rowe Price’s Fixed Income Chief Gitlin Moves To Capital Group

FYI: Asset manager T. Rowe Price Group (TROW) said on Thursday that its head of fixed income, Michael Gitlin, has resigned and will take the same role at rival fund company Capital Group.
Regards,
Ted
http://blogs.barrons.com/focusonfunds/2015/01/22/t-rowe-prices-fixed-incom-chief-gitlin-moves-to-capital-group/tab/print/

Comments

• Hmmm, this seems to be happening with increasing frequency @ TRP, or is it my imagination? TRP is a ship without loose lips, so we'll probably never know why, really.
  • edited January 2015
    Have no idea re TRP, but Capital (American Funds) can use all the help it can find with their fixed income areas.
  • As head of TRP fixed income, Michael Gitlin had to have been instrumental in making some surprisingly good things happen. I am sorry to see him go.
  • I think in part that we hear about these types of moves at TRP is that they are relatively good at informing investors
  • If I had to guess...Money (pay)...... TRP like Vanguard probably not the BEST payers although I don't know that...I only use one of their Bond funds and managers fine....
    Low concern announcement for this powerhouse