Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Janus Chairman Didn’t Know Details Of Gross’s Investment

FYI: (Click On Article Title At Top Of Google Search)
The chairman of Janus Capital Group Inc. said he didn’t know that a single California brokerage office that handles money for Bill Gross accounted for a vast majority of the cash in Mr. Gross’s new mutual fund at the company.

“I had no idea” how much of the fund was made up of money from the brokerage office “because I had no idea who Bill uses as a financial adviser,” said the chairman, Glenn S. Schafer
Regards,
Ted
https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&site=&source=hp&q=janus+chariman+wsj&oq=janus+chariman+wsj&gs_l=hp.3...1480.8125.0.8666.18.18.0.0.0.0.155.1119.17j1.18.0.msedr...0...1c.1.60.hp..6.12.814.EOuS7Ke02k8

Comments

• So the emperor is wearing no clothes?

I think a lot of people saw the inflows and figured it was investors following Bill from Pimco. Now the real story is coming out.
  • Look on the bright side. They say the more money a manager has invested in his fund, the better it is for the other investors. Gosh, are they going to be a bunch of happy investors now. :-)
  • I have to say, knowing the history over at Janus, that was a very stupid thing for the chairman to say.