Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Nuveen Real Asset Income Fund (NRIAX)

Im Considering Purchasing This Fund. I Would Appreciate The Pros & Cons Of This Fund.

Comments

• Compare FGIAX and FREAX to their benchmarks. NRIAX has the same managers, only with a wider universe because of the income mandate.

I like the fund, and have thought about it as a one stop for global diversification through real assets. My cons would have to be the ER and that Nuveen was just bought by TIAA-CREF and they seem to be still working through the kinks. Because I have a long horizon and don't necessarily need income, for now I just use SCHH and GII.
  • @mrdarcey: NRAIX is unranked among #113 (WA) Funds covered by U.S. News & World Report. 12.70% 3 year return puts it in the 3rd percentile, not bad
    Regards,
    Ted

M* NRAIX Performance:
    http://performance.morningstar.com/fund/performance-return.action?t=NRIAX&region=usa&culture=en-US
  • @Ted

I'm not sure world allocation is where I'd put NRIAX. I know it's a catchall category, but the fund has a pretty limited universe (and one that has done well recently, hence the percentile rank).

Still, it should be a pretty low vol way to build in alternative/inflation fighting asset classes.