Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Rick Ferri: My Expected Investment Changes In 2015

FYI: I make investment changes at a glacial speed. The last change was about five years ago when I combined micro-cap stocks with small-cap value stocks to reduce the number of funds in the portfolio. Before that, I eliminated a preferred stock allocation, which was fortunately done right before the financial crisis. Over the coming year, I believe the opportunity may present itself for another change.
Currently, 70% of my stock allocation is in US equity and 100% of my bond allocation is in US bonds. Sometime in 2015, I may shift my portfolio to a more global stock and bond allocation
Regards,
Ted
http://www.rickferri.com/blog/investments/my-expected-investment-changes-in-2015/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+RickFerri+(Rick+Ferri+Blog)

Comments

• Refreshingly common and simple commentary from Mr. Ferri with this section in particular; and that he expressed that he guessed right:

"I talked about over-allocating to the US during several recorded Portfolio Solutions client conference calls in 2009 and 2010. At the time, I believed the US would lead the rest of the world out of the global financial crisis, and I guessed right. Now I’m planning a move toward a neutral global mix. I believe the opportunities outside the US are at least as good as inside, and I’ll probably be adjusting my portfolio in the next year to reflect this belief."