Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What Will Happen To Gold In 2015

Comments

• Not much that concerns me except that I will be able to pick up panda's, koala's and maple leaf's cheaper.
  • I caught Steve Forbes discussion on his latest book, "Money", on Cspan. Gold is mentioned throughout the talk and I assume his book:

Money:
    "Co-authors Steve Forbes and Elizabeth Ames talked about their book, Money: How the Destruction of the Dollar Threatens the Global Economy - and What We Can Do About It, in which they trace U.S. economic troubles back to the ending of the gold standard in the 1970s and discuss what a weak U.S. dollar means for the global economy. They called for a return to the gold standard to help stabilize the economy. The co-authors spoke at Politics and Prose Bookstore in Washington, DC. - June, 2014"

c-span.org/video/?319928-1/book-discussion-money
  • Howdy Doc,

I'm with Mark. I still accumulate but speculating in this market in the near term is borderline suicidal Recall that historically, commodity bull markets range from 13-15 years. The bull market in gold has been running since 2002 [rono scrambles to get his calculator . . . . figger, figger, figger . . . yup, it's been a great run, TYVM.] However, it really doesn't look that promising a place to play for speculation.

peace,

rono
  • edited December 2014
    It will sit in my wife's, safe deposit box (as jewelry), collecting no interest, dividends or capital gains but lots of dust...Oh Well... peace and harmony to ME comes with a price