Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

I'm missing the Drifters

Where's Ed? Where's Rono? I'm wondering where our annual cheerful post might be.

Comments

• Here you go my old friend. Enjoy and the best of the season to you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooc5eJc5SHA
  • Hey there Hawk- really nice to see that you're alive and well. Rono drops in and out, as does Catch 22. Wish that you would visit more often- always enjoyed your comments.

Best- OJ
  • edited December 2014

Where's Ed? Where's Rono? I'm wondering where our annual cheerful post might be.

yep. wish Ed was posting too.
  • Thanks for the responses guys. The foot's going "tap tap" as I type.
    Haven't posted of late as I have turned into a one-trick pony: Buy What's Cheap, and there's nothing new or exciting about that. Anyway energy's the story around here, although I confess I could use a little more of it myself. Nibbling big oil, little oil, in-between oil, fracking outfits, pipelines and storage facilities. Would get me a railroad that transports the stuff but the divvies aren't worth squat.
    On the watch list for the next big swoon are big blues that do soap, toilet paper and diapers, electric and auto parts. And booze, both the stock and the product.
    See? Posts like this put folks to sleep, although I may have jerked somebody's chain with all that petroleum:)
    Enjoy the holidays. Gotta go do some "meaningful" shopping now: toys and stuff for a couple of rambunctious g'kids.
    best, hawk
  • Howdy folks,

Mark beat me to the posting above but I was thinking of you.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono
  • Thanks for the responses guys. The foot's going "tap tap" as I type.
    Haven't posted of late as I have turned into a one-trick pony: Buy What's Cheap, and there's nothing new or exciting about that. Anyway energy's the story around here, although I confess I could use a little more of it myself. Nibbling big oil, little oil, in-between oil, fracking outfits, pipelines and storage facilities. Would get me a railroad that transports the stuff but the divvies aren't worth squat.

The dividends on rails are not great, but a number of them have done a decent job growing them over the years and the stocks have done quite well. They're vital infrastructure and there's only 7 major players - there won't be any new ones (most likely) and if anything, there's quite possibly consolidation in the future.

I love dividends, but I do think not everything can pay a huge divy.