Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

One Of The Most Famous Rules Of Investing Might Be Totally Wrong

FYI: There is supposed to be one fundamental truth in investing: If you take on more risk, you can expect a bigger reward. With new research suggesting that things may not be so simple, investors may want to adjust their strategies—or at least their expectations—accordingly.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.businessweek.com/printer/articles/238348-one-of-the-most-famous-rules-of-investing-might-be-totally-wrong

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Who determines the "most"risky stocks and the "least" risky stocks, How do they measure that?, price fluctuations are not good...Most Good stocks fluctuate esp today's markets
    I can't think of anyone who could tell you the 25 "least" risky stocks? can you ?
  • Copied from the copy; " If you take on more risk, you can expect a bigger reward."

The word can should be replaced with may. This statement is very misleading. Nothing is guaranteed.
  • @JohnChisum
    You saying that I to have to remove "that rule" from my list of investing rules?:)

I just "may" do that; 'cause I "can".

Hoping you are not in the pending weather path in that area.
    Take care,
    Catch
  • We are just south of the path. Should be getting lots of rain this weekend.
  • @John Chisum: "We are just south of the path" And that would be ? You know a place not point of latitude and longitude. What's the big secret, are you running from the man ?
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Apparently you have forgotten the last time I gave you coordinates.

Stay warm and safe from bullets in Chicago.

• "Stay warm and safe from bullets in Chicago"

Generally, anything above the 5th floor is considered safe in such environments.
    (Learned this living near Detroit:)
  • Stray bullets are a parent's worse nightmare...Safest place for a kid to sleep is in a cast iron / steel bath tub. Sad, but true.
  • WE have stray cats in Florida....and a few stray kids that sleep anywhere, but I don't see bullets, but those stray Volley Balls are problem on the beach, till the girls chase them down....what were we talking about?...Oh "risk"