Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh Brown: Vanguard Takes a Victory Lap: 86% of its Stock Funds Beat the Peer Group

FYI: Ordinarily, when a money manager breaks the trillion-dollar mark, its only a matter of time before people start saying they’ll never be able to keep up the performance that got them there. Vanguard has broken $3 trillion and the wins keep coming. It helps that, aside from reducing tracking error, the funds aren’t really trying too hard or spending too much.

This is a remarkable year for Vanguard’s mutual funds – especially its stock funds and balanced funds – as you’ll see below. This was supposed to be the year of dispersion, where stock pickers’ abilities would finally shine through. Turns out, costs still trumped alpha in the aggregate
Regards,
Ted
http://thereformedbroker.com/2014/11/20/vanguard-takes-a-victory-lap-86-of-its-stock-funds-beat-the-peer-group/

Comments

• I started there (Vanguard) and I will hold their BEST till the end, with about 50% of all my money, and NO I don't hold Index funds, but I used to.......... graduated?