Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barrington Financial Advisors commentary - letter; OT

BARRINGTON FINANCIAL ADVISORS, INC.

a Registered Investment Advisor

(Celebrating 42 years of Professional Service)

It is the time of year that we all give thanks and I wanted to give thanks to a couple of things. First, I want to give thanks for the Freedom we have living in America. We all know that Freedom is not Free and someone had to pay the price for it. Therefore, I want to thank all the men and women that fought and died for us so that we may live in a Freedom America. It is paramount that we never forget those who paid the price for America’s Freedom for you and me.

Second, I want to thank Jesus Christ for paying the price for me so that I may have the opportunity to enjoy Eternal Freedom of my Soul. God demanded a price be paid and Jesus went to the cross and died to pay the price for you and me so that we have the opportunity to have Eternal Freedom. This Freedom cannot be earned from our good works since it is the gift from God through His grace and all we have to do to have Eternal Freedom of our Soul is ask Jesus into our lives for the forgiveness of our sins. It is my prayer that we will all ask Him into our lives.

EQUITIES:

It appears that November may be the beginning of the Holiday Rally with the indices hitting all-time highs. Most all of your equity portfolios have been up almost 7% thus far to date at November 25, 2014. With the market upswing, I have started buying a few new positions for each of our portfolios. I purchase a position of about 2% of the account value on 11/24/2014 in the following equities:

Walt Disney (DIS)

Mastercard (MA)

Mercadolibre (MELI)

Proshares Buy Back Large Blend (PKW), an ETF

As mentioned earlier, I bought about 2.5% of the account value on 11/5/2014 shares of Targa Resources (TRGP) and Westlake Chemical (WLK) and on 11/18/2014 I bought about 2% of the account value of Intuit (INTU). I believe these positions will perform well as we end the year.

FIXED INCOME, MLP’s and REIT’s:

On 11/18/2014 I sold United Community Banks CD that has been underperforming for some time even though we have been earning interest at 7% which helps offset some of the loss in price. This reduces our portfolio holding in Fixed Income to approximately 2% as we expect increasing interest rates to take a heavy toll on prices of Fixed Income positions. The municipal bonds we own have increased in price about 5.5% while paying tax free interest of about 4.5%.

On a more positive side, the units of MLP’s and REIT’s are up almost 14% at 11/25/2014 and I expect they will continue to perform as the price of Oil stabilizes.

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to call me at (877) 342-6999.

Have an enjoyable Thanksgiving,

William C. Heath, CFP®

Chairman & CEO

(877) 342-6999