Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Are Single-Country ETFs Right For Your Investment Portfolio?

FYI: ETF investors have a plethora of ways to access international exposure in their portfolios, from single-country sector funds to broad-based global indices. From a flexibility standpoint, there has never been a better time to be an ETF investor with a global and liquid market at your fingertips.

However, with so many options at your disposal, narrowing down the field to attractive options can be daunting. To that end, a client recently asked me whether or not I felt single-country ETFs were an appropriate investment for his portfolio. My answer coincided with weighing the pros and cons that make these ETFs unique in their own right.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.thestreet.com/print/story/12955248.html

Comments

• Only as a trading vehicle.
  • Single country ETFs and funds might give you the biggest bang for that particular country but in my opinion most people that invest in these single country products are chasing returns. India is the best example at this moment.

I personally prefer regional investments for better diversification and a better risk profile.