Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Another ad first, content last site.
  • "...reaching for yield can be highly speculative and these strategies are on the higher risk end of the investment spectrum. Nevertheless, I believe that, on a risk-adjusted basis, EM bonds might be a better way of reaching for yield in the current environment for those who can accept the risks involved."
  • @Charles If you haven't been there in awhile, you might want to take a fresh glance:
    1. changes have been made to the blog; the ad stuff is still around--- I know what you mean--- but they aren't as numerous as awhile back and seem far less obtrusive now;
    2.Simon G seems more selective in the articles he links; he no longer fills up his categories with x articles/wk, regardless of quality, and will leave a category pretty barren if that week's offering are paltry; as a consequence, every 1-2 wks I'll peruse and find at least one article with something inside I'm pleased to note;
    3. week before last, Simon G selected and linked directly to a MFO Discussion Board post (did you catch it?); this may have brought some fresh eyes to MFO and, if they liked what they saw, could result in "new members" with special knowledge/insight that we, as a group, do not presently have. So, in any case, don't want to be flickin' boogers at a benefactor, right?

@Ted Do continue on. I have this site bookmarked, but without you habitual end-of-week post I'd forget more often than not (if only because my BM list has become, once again, sadly disordered; "I have no idea how this happened"; yes, I'm one-of-those-people)