Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mistakes

MJG
edited October 2014 in Fund Discussions
Hi Guys,

For the most part, investors make informed, logical investment decisions. That rule is violated when emotions override reasoned choices and mistakes are made. How to limit this destructive tendency? Morgan Housel might have a partial answer in one of his recent columns. Here is the link:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/10/16/some-things-to-remember-about-market-plunges.aspx?source=iaasitlnk0000003

One danger is that we are blunder prone and either don't recognize it or are not willing to admit it. As Moliere observed: "It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right". Let's avoid that absolute rightness trap.

Enjoy the Housel article.

Best Regards.

Comments

• I suggest, as I have previously; the book; The Power of Habit. Habits, of course; reach into almost every aspect of one's daily routines and decision making.

This link provides a nice overview of the subject matter. The book is readily avaialable at Amazon; with one's purchase helping to support MFO when using the Amazon link on these pages.
  • Page not found.
  • edited October 2014
    Hmmmmm.........

Howdy @Derf

I presume you mean the link did not work. I always check and it did link through to NPR radio, Fresh Air program from March of 2012.

Okay, try this............. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=NPR+fresh+air+March+10+2012+power+of+habit

The above is a Google search for the program
  • Back at you@Catch22: It must have been my hair trigger !! It's working for me now.