Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Can Health-Care Stock Funds Stay On Top ?

FYI: When swings in the stock market cause anxiety to spike, like it is now, many investors aim to get healthy.

Stocks don't come with guarantees, but health care stocks have held up better than others during past downturns. People get sick regardless of the economy's strength, after all, and an aging population around the world means more demand for prescription drugs and hospital care. That has brought more attention to health care stock funds, as worries about a weak global economy have sent stocks sinking in recent weeks
Regards,
Ted
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/739b208a68014e9490ee084dace3aa1f/can-health-care-stock-funds-stay-top

Comments

• 27% of my total life savings in healthcare, Don't see investments in this "sector" going DOWN in my investment career (lifetime) Returns to date have been outrageous, and divorced from the (any) economy as a whole.....to continue?....think so
  • @ I think I could get to like you ! The invite to Bern's Steakhouse still stands, the only problem, they don't serve Bud :Light.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Yea but do they serve chicken wings?, $50-100 steaks are above my social status, even if you are buying, Ted
    Hang on I'll grow on you, comments from left field, but on the mark much more than my detractors want to admit, has got me in "luke warm" water before, but don't really care, Sharing is the thought, learning is the result...
  • TB, good to see you on MFO. My subs to Independent Investors just ran out but ala' DW I am increasing my positions in Healthcare over time. Regards, Mike
  • Mike, Prices on Healthcare investments a little high right now, but what isn't?, my guess we will need more and more healthcare in the future, I know I will, along with Millions and Millions of other seniors... so