Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Implications of GOP control of Senate?

Which sectors/funds/stocks should do well if the GOP wins control of the Senate in November? Is this already priced into stock prices?

Please note that I am not advocating for/against any political party. Just looking at the odds and seeing if there is a way to play them...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/business/which-way-the-senate-first-go-back-to-the-basics.html

Comments

• I don't see any change. We currently have a total stalemate. Reid won't bring any House bills up for a vote. Obama and Reid know they can't get much through the House.

The only thing going on right now is some tactical executive actions and a lot of political positioning for 2016.

I would expect more of the same in regards to the political influence on the markets.

It might be a little more difficult to get appointees through and so forth, but besides that, Obama's domestic legislative effect basically started and ended with Obamacare.