Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The train's on time!

That's what the British used to pride themselves on: the trains being on time. Well, the market was right on time. The Boys of Summer came back to work, and the market went down. Who would've thunk it? One can only hope we get more in October. Still want to buy more. Bought two new funds: FBIOX, I'm thinking you can't have enough health care; and OAKMX....have five (5) funds to sell when market goes up. Trying to downsize. Added the largest part of my money to S&P. If I can't beat it and some guy from Omaha likes it......I need more.

I see Draghi (ECB) is going to talk this week again. More whatever it takes, part 10. I have been thinking about their QE. As ours sent money overseas, will theirs? We being the best house on the block with a strong dollar, one would think so. They say foreigners come late to the party....just before a top. Just what I remember hearing years ago. Also the worst days in October for the market: 9, 15, 19, 26, 27. Something to watch for the fun of it. Things I still want to buy more of S&P fund. Also does anybody have this fund or know much about it: MYIFX? This is the one I'm looking at right now to buy on weakness. Also buying silver. One can never own enough eagles. Looking for a good 4th quarter. Was up in the attic the other day and saw my old train from when I was a child. Had a 4x8 sheet of plywood to set it up on with houses, farms, cars, etc. Pop and I would do it for Christmas.....memories, aren't they grand?
Puddnhead