Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

All's well, just move along...OR fun with central banks

edited September 2014 in The OT Bullpen
Company earnings, well okay; but I still tend to watch the cost of money, be it via bonds or central bank policies.

The Euro Zone bank is not structured like our Fed bank; so they have their own special situation, aside from companies and some folks not wanting to borrow money for anything.
ECB. Hey, borrow some money; please

Japan. Well, they are still fighting their own situation that has been in play for several decades. I noted last year about the value of their current easy money policies and raising taxes. The first tax raise is in place and a second is on the way. I'm still not sure about which "How to run an economy." book this plan arrives. And BOJ likes the equity markets, too. Well, at least on some days; when their algo machine says buy, or sell.
BOJ. Helping the economy, eh?

Our central bank. The original plan after the market melt apparently saved everything; but how the "soft money" teat of pleasure will be properly removed is beyond my imagination. I just hope they keep me in the loop of policy changes, with at least a two day notice; as I requested of them at their "contact me" link at the home web page.

Strange days continue to find us.....

As the investment world continues to move along on "cruise control", a few cruise missles several days ago moved into the air space of Syria. Meanwhile, on September 23; the Syrian Ministry of Tourism was, the country’s Tourism Ministry was busy organizing fireworks, songs and poetry. Yes, there was a set event on this first day of attacks; to encourage tourists to the country.

And many think the 1960's were strange days. I was there then, and continue to watch society(s) evolve???.

Hey, hope your investments are doing well.

I think I'll go paint a wall in the house, and listen to some pleasant music.

Catch