Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• jlev September 2014
  • Ted September 2014
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M* Popularity and sector funds

Checked Morningstar this morning and saw that FBIOX was back on their list of popular fund quotes. While the appearance and disappearance of broad funds from this list is often of mild to no interest to me. Might the fact that certain sector funds appear here almost act like the AAII investor sentiment poll as a bit of a contrarian indicator?

Comments

• @jlev: Thank for the heads-up, I own the fund.
    Happy Labor Day,
    Ted
    Most Requested Fund Quotes
    Vanguard Dividend Growth
    Vanguard Wellington
    Fidelity Contrafund
    Dodge & Cox International Stock Fund
    Fidelity Select Biotechnology

Most Requested Fund Analyses
    Dodge & Cox International Stock Fund
    Vanguard Dividend Growth
    Dodge & Cox Income
    Dodge & Cox Balanced
    Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock Index
  • Certainly @Ted, I last noticed this in late January when I was concerned about local valuations and switched from FBIOX to PRHSX in an attempt to lower future volatility. I'll be curious to see what happens, staying put in PRHSX for a while. Also interesting the breakdown from Quotes to Analyses. Especially as that perhaps reflects on investor type