Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

David - Any word on the launch date of Grandeur Peaks' Fallen Angels Fund?

Hi David,

I remember Grandeur Peaks closing their funds to allow capacity for a future "fallen angels" fund. Any word on when that might happen? Perhaps, by year-end.

Thanks for your great insight, dedication, and sacrifice. I know I don't say that enough to you.

Mike_E

Comments

• When last I asked, Eric's answer was something like "I wouldn't be surprised if we launch before year's end." I haven't seen anything in the filings yet to imply a launch before late October, but I'll try to check with Eric again.

More soon.

David
  • David, if you do get in touch with GP, it might be good to know if they consider a hard close for GPROX as imminent or somewhat further down the line - if they're even prepared to make a guesstimate.

Thanks for all your help.

AJ
  • This guys have great track record for each of these funds but this whole idea of opening a fund, then soft close, then hard close and open up a new fund that is slightly different...seems a little too like marketing. Though, perhaps I'm too cynical.
  • I was quite happy to get into GPROX before they closed. And was awaiting the 'Fallen Angels' fund opening.
    But now that I know they hard close all their funds, I am less than enthusiastic.
    My understanding is that in a taxable account, I will not be able to continue to invest.
    Doesn't do me much good.