Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Ted August 2014
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Consolidating Credit Card Debt @ 0%

beebee
edited August 2014 in Off-Topic
David mentioned that one of his short term financial moves had to do with paying off credit card debt. I have utilized a few 0% offers lately and I am noticing more and more of these offers are surfacing.

Slate (Chase) has a nice combination of freebies. 15 month zero interest as well as no transfer fee for the first 60 after opening the card. This means you can either make new purchases or transfer balances from higher cards to Slate and there are no transfer fees and no interest for 15 months.

When applying for the card ask about what the card's credit limit will be...if it is not high enough request a higher limit as a way of closing the deal.

Here's the review on the card:
slate_balance_transfer_review

Comments

• @bee: My wife and I have used Slate for years and never had any problems. The secret is to pay off the balance every month.
    Regards,
    Ted