Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

fyi: $$$ incentive for new Schwab accounts

Thought I'd share this with anyone thinking about a rollover or any other reason to transfer money to a Charles Schwab account. I recently set up an IRA for a partial rollover of my 401k. About a week after opening the account, I got a call from the local Charles Schwab rep who I initially met with. He said I was eligible for a $1200 bonus and he would submit the paper work. I'm happy camper:)

(info from an email)
Make a qualifying net deposit of cash or securities: Earn a cash bonus of:
$50,000 - $99,999 $200
$100,000 - $249,999 $300
$250,000 - $499,999 $600
$500,000 - $999,999 $1,200
$1,000,000 or more $2,500

Comments

• @Happy Camper: Good for you ! FWIW, What are they going to give me for letting my money there? Same old , same old ! I'm surprised they didn't stiff you because, usually you have to ask for ( rebate) up front. Lost out on a deal with Direct this way.

Derf
  • I had the same experience when I transferred 100k from an American Funds Mmkt to Schwab. They told me about the offer after I had made the deposit. Yes, its only 0.03%, but that's better than nothing... will buy us three nice restaurant dinners.