Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

You May Want to Ignore the 'Next Big Thing' in Mutual Funds

TedTed
edited June 2014 in Fund Discussions
FYI:The only thing stopping a tidal wave of new issues has been the Securities and Exchange Commission, but there’s a growing sense that the dam will burst soon and that a flood of new active exchange-traded issues will reach the market by year’s end as a result.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-next-big-thing-in-mutual-funds-2014-06-30/print?guid=0E00C80A-006B-11E4-B2B1-00212803FAD6

Comments

• I don't pay attention any longer to the Top 40 on AM radio, nor read anything on NYT best seller list... The newest fads always pass me by. Eventually, I might get to them. Or not.
  • My goodness, Crash, there's two of us! Maybe even three- I'm guessing that Maurice might be another.:-)
  • I'm not a big fan of all these fads either, but somehow this just seems like a twist on closed end funds, in which case I don't imagine I'll be involved in this one either.