Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Very s...l...o...w...

I just finished a fairly long text entry which I haven't done in quite a while, and couldn't help but notice how very slow the system is in response. Not a complaint- just an observation to let you know that something isn't quite right.

Thanks- OJ

Comments

• Hi, OJ.

We're seeing all sorts of weird spikes in demand. We'd forwarded them to Brad, our outside consultant, and we're monitoring actively now. If need be, Chip can reboot the server or I can contact Green Geeks to get them to.

On the upside, we'd managed three consecutive days without the slightly hiccup.

In any case, we're on it!

David
  • Thanks, David- thought that some feedback might possibly be helpful. Take care-

OJ
  • It helps more than you know.

Thanks, OJ!
  • @David: The Save Draft verification notice which appeared on left has not worked all morning. The Draft is saved, but you not sure until you come back to your draft.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited April 2014
    Ted said:

@David: The Save Draft verification notice which appeared on left has not worked all morning. The Draft is saved, but you not sure until you come back to your draft.
    Regards,
    Ted

see response here in thread about "notifications" under a topic that has nothing to do with "very slow":
    http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/12943/change-request-auto-save-notification

• I had some issues accessing the sight last night from about 11:50pm to 12:20am Pacific. Kept getting one of those cloudflare pages.
  • LOL - Not a complaint here either. However, as one who tends to do extensive editing/re-writing after hitting the "send" button, this can sometimes be a hair-raising & time consuming process when the system slows down at exactly the wrong time. However, it's my fault for the way I've taken to developing my ideas ("The fault Dear Brutus ...":-)

Regards
  • edited April 2014
    jlev said:

I had some issues accessing the sight last night from about 11:50pm to 12:20am Pacific. Kept getting one of those cloudflare pages.

thanks jliev - this is exactly what could be useful in this particular discussion.
    date , time and timezone when it is slow. simple concise. and only info pertaining to
    slow - and data and time.

• reply to @Accipiter: Roger that. I'll report any slowdowns as, or shortly after, they occur. Assume you want those reported on this thread rather than separately?
  • hank said:

reply to @Accipiter: Roger that. I'll report any slowdowns as, or shortly after, they occur. Assume you want those reported on this thread rather than separately?

sounds great.

• Just discovered that when I click on the "Unread" tab new and interesting discussion topic options, like "enhancements" become suddenly visible, though I can't click through, which seems odd since that back end stuff is not normally visible.
  • jlev said:

Just discovered that when I click on the "Unread" tab new and interesting discussion topic options, like "enhancements" become suddenly visible, though I can't click through, which seems odd since that back end stuff is not normally visible.

nice find. thanks for letting us know.