Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Alternative portfolio/watchlist site?

edited September 2011 in Fund Discussions
In view of the latest bugs and mistakes at M*, I'm looking for an alternative site that hosts the same general type of fundamentals/price/return data for OEFs and ETFs as M*'s Portfolio Manager.

Can any MFOers recommend an alternative?

TIA, AJ

Comments

• Hope someone has some alternatives for you, AndyJ. I'm also getting tired of all the "glitches" in M* portfolios.
  • Hi Cathy,

I set up a simple portfolio at Yahoo; the Y. quotes are at least accurate for price/nav, and etf's are refreshed in a timely way, but it doesn't have all the functionality, e.g., return data for multiple time periods. I like that feature at M* when I'm looking for an alternative to an oef/stock/etf I'm not that wild about ... Yahoo has some nice features like % below/above moving averages and % below/above 52wk highs/lows, but they're only for stocks/etf's, not funds. I've used Y. a fair bit before because they have a pretty accurate archive of historical price/nav for funds & stocks.

Guess M* is so unconcerned about all the snafus because they figure they've got a monopoly, so who cares about the customers.

There are a lot of sites with portfolio features; just takes a lot of time to check out/compare. I may do a test at Marketwatch, and maybe Smartmoney. They both use Lipper data & ratings, which are at least as useful as M*'s.

Good luck out there, AJ
  • Reply to @AndyJ: Thanks for your follow-up, AndyJ. I do use Yahoo, Marketwatch plus several others for my "compiled" Excel sheet on my funds, but haven't found any like M* that gives me return data plus lots other stuff. I do complain to M* whenever I find a problem, and sometimes they actually fix it. Let me know if you find another site with M*-like features.