Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

As the trip ends.

Coming quickly to the ending of our time in the states and I have noticed a few things while roaming around.

Locally the UE rate jumped almost one percentage point in March from Feb. this was Pierce County WA. King county just to the north is doing well but surrounding counties are not as lucky.

Malls are still showing closures. I noticed a number of stores closed since my last visit in Sept 13. While the retail model is transitioning from the bricks and mortar model malls and in particular strip malls have vacant stores. I saw some strip malls that were totally empty. Once their anchor store closed the rest followed.

Two of MFO's favorite stores, JCP and Sears were visited recently. JCP had decent traffic. Sears on the other hand was empty as before.

I will check back before leaving.

Comments