Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

basketball

TONIGHT: My school, Gonzaga Univ. in Spokane was defeated, cremated, bullied and otherwise stomped on by the team from Univ, of AZ tonight. So many damned turnovers is what killed them. Final score: 84-61, a true drubbing. Crap.

Comments

• Sorry about Mark Few's boys, Crash.
    So far as I am concerned, anyone who beats UK (University - more of a junior college, really -of Kentucky) gets my support.
  • @crash: Sorry, but at least you have this going for you.
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://www.gonzaga.edu/Student-Life/get-involved/crosby-student-center/About_Bing_Crosby.asp

Swinging On A Star: Bing Crosby:
  • Well, at least you can say your team was beat by the best team in the tourament - Arizona. My team (Syracuse) was beaten by Dayton. Dayton!?!?!! WTF
  • At least you were in the tournament. The Hoyas play FSU tonight. In the NIT...

And great job, Dayton!
  • Thanks for the sympathy cards, all, esp. the Bing Crosby touch.
  • Crash said:

TONIGHT: My school, Gonzaga Univ. in Spokane was defeated, cremated, bullied and otherwise stomped on by the team from Univ, of AZ tonight. So many damned turnovers is what killed them. Final score: 84-61, a true drubbing. Crap.

Sorry Crash.

I am an alumna of the University of Arizona. Best defense in the nation and that causes turnovers.

If Brandon Ashley didn't get hurt in early February and out for the season, I really think my Wildcats would take it all.

Mona
  • Well, at least Ky was the only group of young'uns not beat soundly and smoothly by their elders, unlike all the other wannaba NBA factories. That was a welcome development.

As for poor 'cuse, Boeheim showed weeks ago what a bum he has become simply by singlehandedly losing his team a game from protesting a correct call; and then, much much worse, having them flail about with 16s (!) to go and jacking up panic threes and whatnot when there was no need. Time and possession are key teachings of middle school coaches like me --- not D1 pros. 16 seconds and down whatever and jacking up shots in desperation, wtf??
  • Mr. Moran, sounds like you have some pent up anger.
  • @MikeM: Do you mean this kind of angry ?
    Regards,
    Ted

Jim Boeheim:
  • Nah, just used to have a way higher opinion of Boeheim as a coach --- tactically and so on. Two losses directly traceable to a highest-level D1 coach, from behavior and from actual coaching, seriously?