Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why Cash Is King Again

FYI: I pay for everything with cash, except large purchases.
Regards,
Ted

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Well, "Cash Is King" with me too as it is the single largest holding (being just short of twenty percent) within my portfolio. No problem with me paying cash either. However, I do put most purchases on a credit card and pay the full billed amount every month. In this way, I collect cash adward points rangeing from one to two percent on most purchases. In this way, I streach my purchasing power by one to two percent over paying directly with cash at the time of purchase.

One of the things I learned over the years as a credit manager ... Take your cash discounts as it will reduce your cost of doing business over those that don't. And, some even have the added cost of interest (and other fees) for bills paid past their due date.

Something ... to think on.