Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

River Park Gargoyle

David and others: Does the fund sell in the money, out of the money or at the money calls? Does it vary and do they ever sell puts? I don't recall that it was covered in the write-ups or the telephone interview. I would suspect the answer to the use of puts would be no based on the statement that they stick to their process and apparently did so during the bear market.

Richard

Comments

• Hi, guy.

The fund only sells index calls, which they've found to be systemically mispriced. If know one else chimes in, I'll ask the folks at RiverPark about the nature of the calls.

David
  • TedTed
    edited March 2014
    @golub1; FYI:
    Regards,
    Ted

The Option Advantage: The Gargoyle Group Video
    http://www.gargoylegroup.com/
  • Hi, Richard.

Thanks for your patience. Morty Schaja affirms that "Gargoyle almost always sells index calls that are slightly out of the money. The post is correct, they don't sell puts.

For what interest that holds,

David
  • Thanks David.