Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Berkshire Hathaway Breaking Out

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I think what I'm kind of interested in is when Buffett and Munger are gone and people head for the hills - despite the successors being picked by Buffett, I think the initial response will be a drop and I remain curious about what direction the company heads in post-Buffett/Munger. Buffett has been one of the most successful investors possibly ever, but I would be curious if future subsidiaries have a bit more modern feel. BNSF rail continues to be a big positive for the time being and I continue to think that Buffett buys ADM at some point.
  • edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I believe the effect of the annual letter release is well known. The traders play it. It usually settles back in about a week according to some research I read.