Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

BRUFX is up 2.67% today

Very unusual move for conservative allocation fund in down day.
What is behind such performance and what other fund can repeat that?

Comments

• Bruce Log-in page.Crash for now!Doubt the price but we can hope.
    . Please click here to return to the Bruce Fund's homepage...

Severe System Error

. We apologize for any inconvenience. .
    . .
    . If you continue to receive this message, please contact your Shareholder Servicing Agent.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=MUTF:BRUFX&ei=DycNU7CfGoXLqQHopAE
  • DavidV: Sorry, but Bruce was up $3.28 or .70%. my two Healthcare funds FBTCX and PRHSX was up .96% & .85% .
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://quotes.morningstar.com/fund/f?region=USA&t=BRUFX
  • TedTed
    edited February 2014
    I stand corrected ! M* quote was from 2/24/14 MarketWatch is showing your numbers.
    Ted
  • POAGX was up 2.29% today. I suspect it was due to health care & biotechnology.
  • Anyone who had Intermune in their holdings went up big as the stock went up 170.77% today. No that is not a typo.
  • TheShadow said:

POAGX was up 2.29% today. I suspect it was due to health care & biotechnology.

InterMune...+170% today helps....how much do you love POAGX?

• edited February 2014
    cman..I think you solved the intrigue. Bruce holds
    Intermune Cv 2.5% 2.06 % of portfolio
    and a smaller position in InterMune, Inc., 5.000%, 3/1/15 convertbles.

BRUFX site

Welcome to the Bruce Fund (Ticker: BRUFX)

Bruce Fund's Current Price as of February 25, 2014: 484.66.Indeed,up the 2.67%

P S. to Ted,nice to see you can correct yourself as you do others.Now about that wood shed!
  • I hold BRUFX as my singular HSA investment. I now afford my next box of band-aids.