Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Here we are!

2»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Excellent, much cleaner; now not too clustered looking with the Great Owl logo removed.
    The discussions pop more.
    Gets my vote, big time.
    Thank you.
  • Thank you for all the hard work. I getting used to it now, but the improvement is well worth it. Thank you again.
  • edited March 2014
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU to Accipiter, Chip, the entire staff - and especially Professor Snowball for this awesome site. Agree with your removing of the owl eyes, as it looks much cleaner now. My earlier concern about lack of a "reply" feature doesn't seem so serious in hindsight. It really isn't that hard to fire off a zinger directed at someone if you want or need to:-)

I read David's excellent March commentary last night. Only complaint is that I may have to pick up an extra battery for the IPad if he packs much more content into these.:-)

A great site, and I hope many will benefit from all the collective wisdom here at MFO. Regards
  • Hi Hank,
    I still vote for the return of a direct reply function.
  • I second that, bring back the direct reply function.
  • edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A direct reply is easy if one uses @username in their comment. I also do not see any need for a set function.
  • Are the time stamps in GMT?
  • edited March 2014
    Maurice said:

No disrespect to those who want a reply feature, but I find myself satisfied with the way the topic replies currently work. I spend less time trying to find the new replies, as I know they are at the bottom of the last page.

A direct reply is easy if one uses @username in their comment. I also do not see any need for a set function.

I agree with you Mo much easier to find last comments when they are not intertwined. and JohnChisum you are correct, it is not that hard.

But too avoid unnecessary debate, which really won't change a thing in regards to this issue.

And as stated before in this announcement (please re-read it), I hope this is sufficiently clear to those of you who don't understand this fact.

Yes, the reply-to feature does NOT work with the current forum software, so it has been discontinued.

Time for non-adapters to adapt, since it is a moot point and doesn't work, no use even requesting it anymore.
  • edited March 2014
    Tony said:

Are the time stamps in GMT?

it should match UTC, if you are not logged in

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=1440

However, if you are logged in it should match the time from the timezone when you registered for membership in the forum.
  • I wasn't aware of the @username thingy.......................................................
  • edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.