Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ETFs Claim Another Fund Industry Victim : HOLDRS

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Actually I call it genetic mutation gone wrong as far ad BofA is concerned. So blinded by its ex-CEOs lust for Merrill Lynch, BofA finds itself associated with so much investment garbage.

Merrill Lynch will eat way the insides of Bank Of America. What will remain will be a shell. The company will split. The banking / mortgage / etc. units will be broken up. Any remaining talent already gone or let go. What will remain will be Merrill Lynch of America.

You heard it here first.
  • Reply to @VintageFreak: Wasn't BOA used to be Bank of Italy?
  • Reply to @Sven: Err...sorry didn't get the joke, but very interested for any clarifications.

In any case, looked at news at Yahoo just now. Sallie Krawcheck GONE! I think it is best if BofA gets rid of Merrill Lynch and focuses on what it did best. It has to make sure it SELLs it to another investment bank, not spin it off making multimillionaires of the existing ML executives.

I'm buying some FAIRX. The time has come. BofA, UP you GO!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.