Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Proposal for a horizontal design in the mutual fund popup

edited August 2011 in Technical Questions
I am proposing the following 2 column format in the mutual fund popup. This is for WEFIX

Each column is 220px wide. So, this popup should fit in a popup 480px wide. I would say 360px height would be sufficient. In the following example, the light yellow area is 480x360 size.

I am willing to make the necessary adjustment to the code that generates the html markup so contents of popup would look like this. I can also adjust the fonts used to render to look like the rest of the site (which is more pleasing to the eye)

Note also that, I've pushed header text down a bit so that the close X icon on upper right does not overlap any text.

The Weitz Funds, Short-Intermediate Income Fund Insti Class(wefix)

Look up this fund on:

General links:

Comments

• edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
  • Hi Accipiter,

Will check the messages....just returned home and supper prep next.

ALSO, Investor; I too, really like the color palette above, for the linking. Very easy on the eyes and still gets one's attention.

Catch
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reply to @Maurice: I wonder what your screen size is? This size 480x360 should fit to any computer screen that has VGA resolution and up. In fact, the minimum resolution that Windows XP and up support is 800x600.

I suspect your little screen is a cell phone screen or some similar device. Regular design web sites do present challanges for these small screen devices so sites like YouTube etc. come up with special sites for these devices (they detect that you are a cell phone etc, and present completely another site)
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
  • edited August 2011
    Reply to @Maurice: No. Please disregard the current popup. It's what we are trying to replace. Yes, the current popup is too big and does not fit.

Please concentrate on the light yellow area on the bottom of the first post. That would be the representative size of the popup and example of contents. I do have 1366x768 on my laptop and it fits perfectly.
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
  • Reply to @Maurice: The contents of the box was based on the original box. Yes, the font of fund name was bigger than the rest (as was in the original box). Accipiter took the idea and made some adjustments. I think it will be much more useful if Chip gets around to replacing it.
  • Hello, all.

I'm back under power, and mostly caught up with my day job. I'll be happy to post new files as they become available. I've sent a note to Accipiter, so that I can make sure I've got his most recent version of each file before I upload it all.

chip
  • edited November 2011