Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Good Harbor is buying bonds today big time

edited February 2014 in Fund Discussions
Check out UST

Fifty times the usual volume so far. I think they are also dumping mid caps

(They rebalance the first business day of the month)

Comments

• TedTed
    edited February 2014
    Dear MOZART325: I'm relinking article from earlier this morning on Good Harbor rebalancing for those who did not read previous post.
    Regards,
    Ted
    Good Harbor Website:
    http://www.goodharborfinancial.com/strategies/overview.pl

• Sorry, I didn't see the earlier link. I read the article in the WSJ.
  • edited February 2014
    Does anyone have experience as a customer of Good Harbor? They seem to offer some impressive investment results on their Website. But, as they say, past results don't guarantee future returns.
  • One problem they have is they have grown too large- other can try to front run their trades.I think they have to become more opportunistic and not just rebalance once a month.
  • edited February 2014
    Reply to @MOZART325: The whole "once a month at the same time" thing is concerning to me, as well as the potential that a company that has become big enough to have articles that they are frontrunning others is a company that can get caught if something in particular heads South.

Good Harbor has done well. I'm just saying it's one of those things that works well until the markets get disorderly and it gets whipped around while only rebalancing once a month.