Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Open Thread: Lousy Week Edition (What Are You Buying/Selling?)

2»

Comments

• Re Max Ad, take it somewhere else, and this entire thread is getting like stale bread. I suggest you start a new one
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited March 2014
    I did a February 2014 month ending Xray analysis on my portfolio this morning to see how my fund managers might have changed their positioning. I hold a good number of hybrid type funds (about a third) within my fifty two fund portfolio which is divided into twelve sleeves with each sleeve holding between three to six funds with the exception being the two cash sleeves. I wanted to find out how my funds might have tweaked their assets. I discovered that they had collectively reduced fixed income by (-3%) and alternative type assets by (-1%) and raised their allocation to cash by (+1%) and both domestic stocks by (+1%) and foreign stocks by (+2%). Within equities some of the note worthy changes were LCV was decreased and LCG and MCG were increased along with emerging markets which went form 3.8% to 5.6%. This is "partly" due to a little buying I have done in e/m since the first of the year but only a small amount.

Year-to-date I am up 1.8% while my bogey the Lipper Balanced Index is up 1.6%.

Although I have been doing very little … it seems my fund managers have been active.

Old_Skeet