Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

have fun taking this current events quiz

edited January 2014 in Off-Topic
then after checking results ponder the low % of the public who aswered the stock market chart question correctly

One conclusion the public is not involved

http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/the-news-iq-quiz/

Comments

• Thanks, Jerry. I'm passing this one around.
  • edited January 2014
    Got 9 out of 13. Missed the supreme court question, common core question, first question and % of women in Congress question.

I'd agree with the public not being involved with the market nearly to the degree that many seem to think they are and that it benefits them less than most seem to hope/think it does.
  • edited January 2014
    Got 11 of 13...missed the first question, and the one on the pyramid.

I do find it odd that most people don't believe that the market has fully recovered...but this is actually quite explainable, as this goes towards what a fairly large subset of the media would like for them to believe. Seems like keeping people angry or fearful is a goal.
  • Got 12 of 13…missed the Yahoo CEO question….but why would knowing here make me more educated about current events/demographics/politics/etc of this country?
  • 10 of 13, and who new the CEO of Yahoo was so pretty???
  • Reply to @PRESSmUP:
    :...most people don't believe that the market has fully recovered..."

only those who listen to Rush Limbaugh:)
  • edited January 2014
    I did Mike...making that the easiest question on the test. And she's a new mother in 2013 to top things off. Kind of a busy year for her.