Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Today's NFL Playoff Games

TedTed
edited January 2014 in Off-Topic
For your gambling pleasure. Take both the 49'ers and Pats against the spread and the under 57 and 40 in both games
Regards,
Ted

Date & Time Favorite Spread Underdog Total Money Odds
1/19 3:00 ET At Denver -5 New England 57 -$240 +$200
1/19 6:30 ET At Seattle -3.5 San Francisco 40 -$175 +$155

Comments

• My 2nd favorite team plays today (which is any team playing NE). Denver by 21... Go Broncos!!!
  • edited January 2014
    I'm willing to take three of four: Denver giving 4.5, and both overs.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the Blackhawks pounding the Bruins yet again.
  • Here I was thinking you were going to advise us whom to root for, to give the NFC the best chance of winning the Superbowl, and thus the best chance for a good year in the market.
  • Those using crystal balls to predict the future often eat ground glass. (But then I had to look up the source.)

Fiedler's Forecasting Rules (Business 101):

1. It is very difficult to forecast, especially about the future.

2. He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass.

3. The moment you forecast, you know you're going to be wrong—you just don't know when and in which direction.

4. If you're ever right, never let them forget it.

As I see it, one push, one win, two losses. Essentially, my performance against index funds, not counting fees.

Have always liked the Broncos (except during the Josh McDaniels era), hate the 49ers and Pete Carroll equally, so I'm not betting, because I don't want to jinx the ponies.