Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PRMSX TRP EM stocks

edited February 2017 in Fund Discussions
Just noticed. ON FIRE. +10.92, YTD, 2/23/2017. PRMSX. Don't own it. I do own SFGIX, and it lags PRMSX these days. But look back 5 years: SFGIX wins, hands-down. SFGIX is closed, anyhow. If you're not already in, I'd say PRMSX deserves a look. Eh?

Comments

• One of @Scott's often mentioned EM funds, RIMIX has also had a good start YTD after a lackluster 2016.PRMSX probably helped by the analysts in the T R P Latin American office.PRLAX up near 47% last 52 weeks.RIMIX remains an emerging Asia-centric fund with low turnover /rotation.
  • MINDX is up 9.9% ytd
  • Haven't looked in a while, but I see SFGIX is now 15% in Latin America also. I'd like to say I wish Mr. Foster would lighten up on Asia, but what the heck do I know. I wouldn't trade this EM fund for any other.
  • Samsung has legal problems, lately. But in SFGIX, it's PREFERRED shares. Dunno if that makes any difference. Second-largest holding, though.
  • TedTed
    edited February 2017
    @Crash: Samsung will have little if any impact on SFGIX, and long-term none. Never allow any single holding in a fund to influence your decision on owning it.
    Regards,
    Ted